Smarttutor.com’s FREE Math Lessons can help children learn critical math skills. Math skills learned at an early age can serve as the stepping stone for future education. These activities are currently available for grades Kindergarten through Fifth grade. These math activities help children learn by practicing the following concepts:
- Number and Operations: Children learn numbers, ways of representing numbers, relationships among numbers, number systems and operations.
- Measurement: Children learn measurable attributes of objects and the units, systems, processes, techniques and tools of measurement.
- Geometry: Children learn to analyze characteristics and properties of geometric shapes and use visualization, spatial reasoning, and geometric modeling to solve problems.
- Algebra: Children learn to understand patterns, relations, functions, use of models and algebraic symbols to analyze mathematical situations.
- Data Analysis and Probability: Children learn to collect, organize, display and analyze relevant data to answer formulated questions.
All activities are designed to engage children with content that is research-based in a high-impact learning environment. Children work with real-world examples, cool cartoon-like characters and high-impact graphics that keep them interested and motivated to learn.